What is a REALTOR®?
Not all real estate agents are REALTORS®. A REALTOR® is a member of their local, state and national Associations and is a true professional in the real estate industry. All REALTORS® adhere to the National Association of REALTORS® strict Code of Ethics, which is based on professionalism and protection of the public. That is why all real estate licensees are NOT the same.
The sale or purchase of a home is one of the most significant events that people will experience in their lifetimes. Why wouldn’t you want to use a REALTOR®?
Why use a REALTOR® when selling your home?
REALTORS® provide sellers invaluable services, and there are many reasons to work with one. A REALTOR®:
- Can give you up-to-date information about the market prices, financing, terms and conditions of competing properties.
- Will market your property to other real estate agents and to the public.
- Will know when, where and how to best market your property.
- Can help you objectively evaluate every buyer's proposal without compromising your marketing position.
- Can help close the sale of your home.
Why use a REALTOR® when buying your home?
REALTORS® provide critical assistance with the home buying process. A REALTOR®:
- Has many resources to assist you in your home search.
- Can provide objective information about each property.
- Can help you negotiate.
- Can help you determine your buying power.
- Provides guidance during the evaluation of the property.
- Can guide you through the closing process and make sure everything flows together smoothly.
Online Resources to Help with the Buying and Selling Process
The National Association of REALTORS® offers the following online resources to assist you in the home buying and selling process:
www.REALTOR.com – A large database of homes for sale. Search online for homes in your area and select the Real Estate 101 section under Homebuying Tools to learn more about the home buying and selling process.
www.HouseLogic.com – A home owner’s single source for information and tools to help you make smart decisions on how to protect, maintain and enhance the value of your home.
www.REALTOR.org – Select the Home Buyers and Sellers section for complete information on the home buying and selling process.
Fair Housing means every person has the same opportunities to purchase, lease or occupy residential real property.
Filing a Complaint
Click here for more information on filing a complaint.