The Spartanburg Association of REALTORS®, Inc. is a trade association made up of over 650 REALTOR® members and business professionals.
The Association was organized in 1939, became affiliated with the National Association and the South Carolina Association of REALTORS® in 1943, and was issued a Charter by the State of South Carolina in the name of the Spartanburg Real Estate Board on April 12, 1951. The name was changed in November 14, 1964 to the Spartanburg Board of REALTORS®, Inc. and then again in November 3, 2008 to the Spartanburg Association of REALTORS®, Inc.
The Multiple Listing Service was organized in June 14, 1957 as a committee of the Spartanburg Real Estate Board. In February 12, 1971 the Service became a separate corporation and named the Multiple Listing Service of Spartanburg, Inc. The Service is a subsidiary of the Spartanburg Association of REALTORS, Inc.
The mission of the Spartanburg Association of REALTORS®, Inc. is to provide programs and services to help members succeed while demonstrating the highest level of professionalism, and to promote advocacy and the REALTOR® brand within our community.
- SAR will provide the highest level of real estate expertise and customer service to our members in an accountable and professional manner.
- SAR will always be courteous with our members and the public.
- SAR will conduct the business of our members with the highest ethical standards, trust and integrity.
- SAR will be knowledgeable and educated on the issues that impact our members.
- SAR will be proactive and decisive regarding issues that affect homeownership and property rights in our communities.
The vision of the SAR is to be the trusted source of essential business services with a commitment to ethics, to be the primary contact for real estate issues, to be the proactive advocate for private property rights, to be respected leaders in the community, and to be the primary advisors in the use and transfer of real property in our region.
Click here to view the 2017 Code of Ethics of the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS®.